Are you thinking about planning a spectacular New Year's celebration for you and your loved ones in 2023? Why not immediately travel to a location where you may see snowfall while appreciating the chilly air and the warmth of your loved ones? Shimla and Manali are two obvious possibilities, but why stick with the tried-and-true? Instead, take a look at our list of the best spots to go this New Year to see snowfall, and then sit back and watch in awe as nature spreads out a "white" carpet for you. Let's look at the top 5 destinations in India to visit in 2023.
- Goa, India's Party Capital
Goa is an exciting location for India's Christmas and New Year celebrations because of its gorgeous beaches, mouthwatering seafood, and wild nightlife. You won't mind spending the entire night drinking the cheapest beer and getting lost in the rhythm of trance music. You can participate in traditional celebrations by singing carols and attending midnight mass in one of Goa's churches. You'll never be short of locations to go in India for Christmas during the holiday season, we wager.
Important Attractions: Baga Beach, Varkala Beach, Anjuna Beach, Santa Cruz Church, Fort Aguada, and Dudhsagar Falls are some of the popular beaches.
- Activities: Visit antique stores and shop for trinkets, dance to upbeat music, gamble at renowned casinos, enjoy cruise parties, go to midnight mass at a church, participate in exhilarating water-based activities, chow down on delectable seafood and cool beverages, and much more!
Enjoy tours, attractions, and staycation with Klook. Make your new year memories in 2023 with Klook. Avail of the Klook promo code and enjoy great savings on your next bookings.
- Queen of Hills: Shimla
Do you envision yourself celebrating Christmas this year in the snow? To celebrate in the midst of snow-capped hills, stroll down Mall Road, and savor a delectable meal at British-era cafes, you should travel to Shimla. The hotels and resorts in Shimla organize entertaining New Year's Eve celebrations to draw the wild crowd from all over India as it is one of the greatest Christmas destinations in the country. You must not pass up the enjoyment that Shimla has to offer at this time of year.
- Important Attractions: The Ridge, Hanuman Mandir Jakhoo, Viceregal Lodge & Botanical Gardens, Kali Bari Temple, Christ Church, and Himachal State Museum
- Activities: Toy train rides, rafting in Tattapani, worshipping a god at Jakhu Temple, shopping at Lakkar Bazaar, cycling, camping, and paragliding are just a few of the activities you can partake in.
- Pondicherry, a little French colony in India
You shouldn't pass on a Christmastime trip to Pondicherry. It is the ideal destination for a holiday celebration of Christmas in India because of the good weather, peaceful beaches, and exquisitely decorated churches. In Pondicherry, New Year's Eve festivities include thrilling street acts and a fireworks spectacular. Our promise to you and your loved ones in this tiny French colony is that you will cherish every minute of it.
- Important Attractions: The Sacred Heart Basilica, Shri Aurbindo Ashram, Paradise Beach, Arulmigu Manakala Vinayagar Devsthanam, Auroville, and Puducherry Museum
- Activities: Have a boat to Paradise Beach Island, go bird watching at Ousteri Lake, watch the sunrise at Promenade Beach, go swimming at Paradise Beach, go to Auroville to meditate, and take a heritage stroll in White Town.
Tip: Type your destination and dates to find great hotel deals with Booking.com. Browse top accommodation deals with booking.com offers.
- Auli: The Ski Lovers' Paradise
Visit Auli if you wish to spend Christmas and New Year's surrounded by nature. This natural wonderland provides adventurous pursuits like skiing, hiking, and paragliding in addition to panoramic views. You can also take a stroll across grasslands and coniferous jungles to fully appreciate this location's natural splendor. Join your friends to celebrate Christmas by going skiing, touring, and having a great party to ring in the New Year. Unquestionably, Auli is among the most incredible locations in India to visit around the New Year.
- Main Attractions: Gorson Bugyal, Auli Ropeway, Auli Artificial Lake, Joshimath, Chenab Lake, Narsingh Temple, and Auli Chair Lift
- Activities: Skiing on snow-covered slopes, riding a cable car, camping beneath the stars, hiking the Auli Gorson Trek, visiting Chenab Lake, admiring Trishul Peak's majesty, and experiencing Nanda Devi National Park's natural splendor are all possible activities.
- Kasol, Little Israel
Kasol is one of the best destinations in India to celebrate the New Year because of its scenic beauty and camping experience. That's not it, though. Along with fantastic food and camping, it also hosts some of India's top music festivals and exciting New Year's Eve celebrations. Those who live for trance music and lively parties will love this dreamy, hippie vacation spot in Himachal.
- Important Attractions: Manikaran, Kasol Bridge, Nature Park Kasol, Kasol Temple, Parvathi Valley, Kheer Ganga Peak, and Tosh Village are all parts of the Chalal Trekking Trail.
- Activities: Trekking at Kheerganga Trek, paying respects at Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara, unwinding in calming hot springs, fishing in Naggar, and camping by rivers
Some of the most stunning and fun locations on earth can be found in India. There are many places to visit and have a great time this New Year's Eve. So, one can choose from a variety of them. We have compiled the best places to visit this New Year in India. Do check out these wonderful destinations and make memories!!