So you must be interested in buying a new electric scooter, and that's why you want to know the prices of them, don't you? Well, how much an electric scooter cost depends on the features and parts of the scooter. You can easily get an electric scooter for $400.
It's not like that all scooters will cost near $400, and you can find many electric scooter models at a lower price. But are those electric scooters good enough and worth your money? In this article, we will discuss the price range of e-scooters, and to know more about electric scooter buying guides visit newageactivity.com.
What Makes An Electric Scooter Costly?
The good thing about electric scooters is riders can find these scooters almost on any budget. But the price will depend on the overall features and quality of the electric scooter. Here are some features that determine the cost of an electric scooter:
- Battery - Battery is what carries up to thirty percent of the price of an electric scooter. The general performance of an electric scooter relies on its battery. So if you use a large battery, the power of your scooter will increase. As the battery is a very important part of an electric scooter, it holds the maximum cost from the overall price.
- Motor - For better performance of your e-scooter, you need a reliable electric motor. Although the electric motor is less expensive than batteries, it still increases the price of an e-scooter. However, if your e-scooter motor has some advanced function like electromagnetic brake, special bearing, or regenerative brake, it will cost even more.
- Materials - Materials of the e-scooter are another reason for the price. You will find some electric scooters with cheap and non-reliable materials. These cheap scooters will last for around six months. And there are some expensive scooters that are made of steel and aluminum; they are expensive and also reliable.
However, manufacturers need to do many research and development tasks while making a new e-scooter that costs them a huge amount of money. Although electric scooters are not new, they still add the R&D charge with the selling price so that they can cover it by selling scooters.
How Much Does An Electric Scooter Cost?
There are many electric scooter models and categories to choose from according to your needs. So answering how much an electric scooter cost is not that easy, yet we will give an approximate idea of e-scooter prices.
- Electric scooters for children cost nearly $130 to $300.
- Seated electric scooters cost near $150 to $400.
- Adult electric scooters cost near $200 to $400.
- Community e-scooters cost near $200 to $400.
These price ranges are approximate only, but we can assure you that you can get a good quality electric scooter within this range.
Comparing The Price Of An Electric Scooter To Petrol Scooter
There are some cheap models of e-scooter that cost lower than a petrol scooter. But if you want to know which one will cost more at equal quality, the e-scooter will be higher. The reason why an electric scooter costs more is its battery and electric motor. Besides that, you also need to spend some money on the maintenance of the scooter.
In contrast, petrol scooters don't include any expensive parts; also, they don't need much maintenance like electric scooters. So now you may wonder whether buying an electric scooter will be worth it or not.
Is Buying An Electric Scooter Worth It?
Well, an electric scooter is definitely worth it. In the means of mobility, e-scooter provides more convenience. Many e-scooter comes with powerful motors and batteries; they are enough to use for day-to-day transportation. On the other hand, electric scooters don't have any additional running costs except the charging cost.
Are electric scooters legal?
Yes, it has not been so long since riding an electric scooter is legal in the USA. It becomes easy transportation for those who don't want to use public transport. Thus, the government of America made it legal for the benefit of their citizens.
How long will an electric scooter last?
Cheaper and low price electric scooters can last for up to 5 months. Besides, good quality and expensive e-scooter can last up to 3 years with proper maintenance.
Can you overcharge a scooter battery?
No, do not overcharge the battery of a scooter. Most electric scooters get charged from 0 to full within 8 hours. So it would be better if you charge your scooter at night and disconnect it in the morning.
There are three main parts that determine how much an electric scooter cost, and they are: batteries, e-motors, and construction materials. Although electric scooters are expensive, they are definitely worth your money. We would suggest you invest a little more to get a good quality e-scooter to use for a long time.